Allen & Shariff Celebrates 25 Years
Firm celebrates silver anniversary providing engineering design services locally and internationally, crediting relationships as the key to longevity.
Columbia, Md. (March 2, 2018) – Allen & Shariff, the Columbia, MD-headquartered engineering design firm, kicks off a year-long celebration in 2018 to mark its 25th year in business. From its inception in 1993 as a partnership between Bill Allen and Zack Shariff to its current multi-branch, multi-national structure, the company has seen steady growth and looks forward to continued success in the coming years.
During its 25-year history, Allen & Shariff has provided MEP engineering services on a wide range of projects all over the world. From small retail stores to over 2 million SF mixed use development projects and hospital complexes, the firm is consistently recognized for its work. Awards over the years include:
- AIA Design Pittsburgh 2017 People’s Choice Award, MEP/FP for Pittsburgh Ballet Theater Byham Center for Dance
- Building Design + Construction Giants List 2017 - #48 Top Engineering Firms
- Musanada Certificate of Appreciation 2017, Project Management for Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Large Business of the Year 2013 – Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Audrey Robbins Humanitarian Award 2013 – Business of the Year
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 – CEO Zack Shariff Regional Award Winner
- Zweig Hot Firm 2010, 2011, 2012
- Baltimore Heritage Historic Preservation Award 2006 – Restoration of Clare Court Convent and Apartments
“We wouldn’t have survived this long without working with the best, from the people we employ to the partners we do business with,” says CEO Zack Shariff. “We’ve built our success on the strength of our people, and those relationships will help carry us into another twenty-five years of excellent work.”
Senior Vice President David Van der Vossen adds that he attributes Allen & Shariff’s staying power to their commitment to the client. “On every job, we connect with the client and make decisions according to what is best for their project,” he says. “That has helped us build the long-lasting relationships that are so important to our success.”
Allen & Shariff plans to commemorate this historic achievement throughout 2018 by sharing stories from its history and recognizing key clients and partners that have contributed to its success over the years.
About Allen & Shariff: Allen & Shariff is a Design-Build-Manage company that provides engineering and project management services to clients worldwide. Allen & Shariff services include MEP Design, Commissioning, General Contracting, Project Management, and Green & Energy Consulting. With offices in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and the Middle East, Allen & Shariff’s commitment to quality service and client satisfaction make the team a valued and trusted partner. www.AllenShariff.com
David Van der Vossen, Senior Regional VP
Allen & Shariff Engineering, LLC